Nothing tells a story quite like video and as demand for video marketing continues to rise there is no doubt that companies are looking to use video. Video should be part of a marketing strategy and companies know it and are starting to adopt this technology.
To quote NY Times, and USA Today Bestselling author, Lewis Howes,“Video can seem like just another challenge to overcome, but I see a major increase in my business and brand awareness, all from the power of video.”
Digital marketing is forever evolving and looking at new features such as YouTube cards and Facebook video, these have the ability to make your brand more engaging and accessible than ever before. But, understanding the strategy is essential for your business.
Even LinkedIn has just started rolling out a native video feature for its timeline. What does that mean? You can create video on the move from your mobile app (and soon desktop) and share it as an update.
So, you have clients and you have products, or services right? Why not use video to get your message across:
- Interviews – with either clients or staff; your audience is interested in hearing your story
- Customer testimonials – they are your raving fans, use video to prove it
- Demos and tutorials – showcase a new product or service and why not use the opportunity to link to a free trial
- Top tips – demonstrate your area of expertise by giving away free useful information whilst positioning yourself as an industry leader
- Animation – a fun and engaging way to promote a new product or service
- Staff video – “a day in the life of…” – always a great idea to humanise your brand and to help attract the right recruit
Look at available platforms to ensure that your content is on the right channels. Not forgetting to optimise your video for SEO using keyword descriptions and tags and consider a landing page on your site where your video will sit.
The quality must be spot on.
More top tips
- Use a professional: a video of poor quality will not communicate your message well and risks putting off your target audience
- Be transparent and authentic: need we say any more?
- Don’t make your video too long or include jargon that your audience won’t understand
- Use social media: link your videos to Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn etc
- Create a script (but try not to read from it): considering the product or service you are providing. How can this help your audience?
- Include a clear call to action: for example, close with a question that can encourage a comment or question or let your audience know what step they should take after watching your video
Don’t think that just because your video is on YouTube views will magically appear. You now need to create a marketing plan to determine the best possible reach.
We encourage our clients to experiment to find a fit that works for them. Make no mistake, video marketing is one of the most powerful technologies that exist right now. The fact that you can leverage visual storytelling to engage and connect with your audience is key.
We recommend Capture 1, experts in all aspects of video and animation production. They can help you create a professional video to showcase your company. Please contact me by email or by telephone on 0161 826 7181 and I will be happy to discuss your future marketing requirements.
By Ann Davies, Director